Process Credit Cards, Gift Cards and Loyalty/Rewards Inside Point of Success
Point of Success with Chargepath offers two options for built-in credit card processing. Select Mercury Payment Systems as your processor and get free gift card and loyalty/rewards processing! Credit, gift and loyalty processing are available only in the United States.
Credit Card Data Security, PCI Compliance and PA-DSS Validation
Beginning July 1, 2010, companies who accept credit card payments must be compliant with all applicable PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) requirements. This includes using validated payment processing software, securing computers and the network where the software is used, and taking other measures to ensure a secure credit card data environment.
Chargepath meets all PCI-DSS credit card data security standards and is recognized as a Validated Payment Application at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/.
Company: Inborne Technology Corporation
Application Name: Chargepath
No More Terminals!
Credit card sales are easier when your POS system has built-in credit card support. When you process credit cards in Point of Success, every computer on your network can be a credit card terminal.
Point of Success uses Chargepath payment processing software. Chargepath meets all PCI-DSS credit card security requirements and stores no credit card data on your computer system.
Credit card processing in Point of Success offers these advantages:
- Swipe a credit card when the card is present or key the account number for phone orders
- Require the last four digits of the credit card number to be keyed to reduce exposure to counterfeit cards
- Verify cardholder address and validate card ID numbers to reduce fraudulent transactions and charge-backs
- Preauthorize charges, then include tips in a follow-up transaction
- Use one point of communication (one computer runs the Chargepath credit card server) for all credit card transactions in the system
- Uses safe, encrypted Internet communication
Mercury Payment Systems
Mercury Payment Systems specializes in credit card processing integrated in point of sale systems. Some of Mercury’s benefits include:
- Chargepath for Mercury Payment Systems is included at no charge in Point of Success Standard and Point of Success Premium software
- Mercury’s fees can be very competitive, in many cases offering merchants substantial savings over their current processor
- Delivery restaurants can use two merchant accounts with Mercury (one for dine-in or carry-out when a card is present and a separate account for delivery telephone orders) to save on processing and discount fees
- Rapid merchant approval
- Easier end-to-end technical support services from both the Point of Success and Mercury Payment Systems technical support groups
- Next-day and even same-day funding are available
- Gift card processing is free when you use Mercury Payment Systems for your credit card processing
- Loyalty/rewards card processing is free when you use Mercury Payment Systems for your credit card processing
Gift Card Processing with Mercury Payment Systems
When you sell gift cards through Point of Success you can issue those cards with any amount you choose, check the balance on the card, and sell items from your menu using a gift card to pay for the order.
Gift card processing is very secure. Cards can only be activated or reloaded after payment has been received for the card. Cards have no value until they are activated through Point of Success.
Complete business reporting trough Point of Success and Mercury Payment Systems tells you the cards you sold, the amount of redemptions used to pay for customer orders, and the amounts outstanding on your cards.
Loyalty/Rewards Card Processing with Mercury Payment Systems
With Point of Success’ loyalty/rewards feature your customers earn points for their purchases and redeem points for free menu items. You define the points earned for each eligible menu item purchase and the points required to get a menu item at no charge. Loyalty/rewards is multi-location capable – Customers can earn and redeem points at any restaurant location.
Gift card and loyalty card processing in Point of Success is only available through Mercury Payment Systems! Point of Success supports credit card, gift card and loyalty processing through Mercury Payment Systems only in the United States. For additional information contact your Point of Success dealer or Point of Success at (800) 752-3565.
Processing Using PCCharge Payment Server
Using PCCharge Payment Server, merchants can, in most cases, stay with their current credit card processor. See the PCCharge web site for details on this software. PCCharge Payment Server (also known as ActiveCharge) is included with PCCharge Pro.
Important: Before purchasing PCCharge Payment Server and Chargepath for PCCharge, contact your credit card processor to confirm that they support restaurant credit card processing with tips for your merchant account. Some processors will place credit card terminals in restaurant businesses that connect with processing locations that do not process tips normally. You should also check the PCCharge certified credit card processors list for this same information. If your processor does not support restaurant businesses with tips or if your merchant account is not set up for tips, you will not be paid for tips on credit card orders when using PCCharge with Point of Success.
The following are required for processing with PCCharge Payment Server:
- Purchase PCCharge Payment Server software version 5.9.3 through your Point of Success dealer or other source. PCCharge Pro includes PCCharge Payment Server.
- Purchase Chargepath for PCCharge to connect Point of Success to PCCharge Payment Server. Chargepath is available from your Point of Success dealer or directly from Point of Success.
- Chargepath for PCCharge replaces our former PCCharge Connector software.
Gift card processing and loyalty/rewards processing in Point of Success are not available when using PCCharge. Point of Success supports credit card processing through PCCharge only in the United States
Credit card processing in Point of Success requires a magnetic stripe reader on each computer. See the System Requirements page for details.