All of the Hardware You Need
Point of Success has partnered with Touch Dynamics to bring you quality hardware that is specifically designed for restaurants. All-in-One computers can come pre-loaded with your Point of Success menu for plug-in-play access. All hardware is fully inspected and tested before it leaves our facility for quality assurance. If you are not looking to bring your own hardware, Point of Success is a One-stop-shop for a great price.
Integrated Credit Card Options
Point of Success Processing has never been so easy! Get transparent pricing and no calling a separate phone number for processing support.
Buying Your Own Hardware?
Make sure Point of Success runs smoothly by following our System Requirements below
- Windows 10 or 11 Pro (64-bit) – with the latest patches and updates applied.
- Windows 10 or 11 Home is acceptable but does not offer BitLocker encryption, Windows Information Protection, Remote Access, Client Hyper-V, or Update for Business
- Windows versions LTSC and LTSB are NOT supported and Point of Success will not run on these systems.
- We recommend a newer Intel Core i5, or i7 processor with 4-8 cores clocked between 2.5 – 4GHZ for a Server and Intel Core i3 with 4 cores, 2.5 GHZ or higher for workstations
- We recommend a minimum of 8GB of RAM for a set-up of 1-3 PCs, 16GB for 4-6 PCs, and 32GB for the Server computer for 7+ PCs
- 64-bit is required for Point of Success V5
- A SSD (Solid State Drive) is recommended
- To address storage concerns, 512GB is recommended but should be no smaller than 256GB
- Minimum display resolution for order entry workstations is 1024 x 768
- LED for Server 1024 x 768. Touch Screen for Order Workstations. Restaurant hardened all-in-one computers offer fan-less designs which are ideal for pizza restaurants or bakeries/cafes
- Note that if your display is 4:3 aspect ratio, we recommend you stay on 4:3. Should you switch to a wide screen format, please note that an existing menu may need adjusted to accommodate the new aspect ratio.
We recommend the following printers. We DO recommend LAN (Network) printers.
Point of Success does not support these connection types (USB, COM, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi). Point of Success is unable to support any printer not on this list:
- Epson TM-T88V
- Epson TM-T88VI
- Epson TM-U220
- Epson TM-U220B
- Epson TM-U230
- Epson TM-T20
- Epson M30
- Star TSP650
- Star TSP700
- Cognitive Advantage DLXI
- Star TSP-800 (Direct thermal, this printer may be promoted as a receipt printer. It works very well with the 1″ high by 4″ wide labels, Star part number 37995120, designed for the printer.)
- Epson M30II
Point of Success works with any make or model of printer-connected cash drawer. Purchase a cash drawer designed to work with your POS printer. Depending upon the printer selected, one or two cash drawers may be used for each printer.
Cash drawers connected directly to a computer with serial, parallel or USB ports are not supported.
- Fingerprint login is supported under 64-bit operating systems
- Fingerprint login is not supported with Remote Desktop Services connections
- Windows keyboard and mouse
- CAS PD-II (With the CAS serial cable part number 7880-PD0-4128 – Cable terminates in a 9-pin serial connector that will require a USB to serial converter if the connected computer does not have a serial port
- Avery Berkel Weigh-Tronix 6720
- These are the recommended and supported electronic scales for Point of Success. Other scales that accept a “W” command (with a carriage return) for weighing then return the weight of the item will likely work with Point of Success but are not supported.
- All drivers must be compatible with 64-bit operating systems.
The Point of Success Ticket monitor feature supports the following bump bar hardware:
- Logic Controls KB1700 (IBM bump bar compatible legend sheet)
A complete computer is required to use the kitchen monitor feature. Orders may be bumped from the kitchen monitor using a keyboard, mouse, touch screen or bump bar.
Point of Success supports pole displays/customer displays:
- Epson and compatible two line displays
- Partner Tech CD7220
- Display must offer a serial port connection
The Point of Success Ticket Monitor features are part of the Order Entry program. No proprietary kitchen display hardware is required; this feature runs on a standard networked computer. You may only run one copy of Order Entry per computer. The purchase of additional licenses may be required for each computer running Kitchen or Expediter Monitors. Please call 800-752-3565 for pricing.
Also called a UPS or battery backup, for each computer, then connect computers, printers, displays and network equipment to the battery-protected outlets. A UPS protects against damage caused by power fluctuations and power failures
Copy backup data onto removable media or use an online backup service every day. When you have a data backup you can quickly restore good data to fix database damage or replace a failed database server computer by moving the database to another computer on your network. A quality NAS storage device with cloud storage is recommended. Western Digital, Synology, and TerraMaster offer such devices.
Additionally, using a RAID SSD system that provides storage redundancy on the database server computer can prevent a full SSD failure, giving you time to fix a drive problem.