Cash drawer won’t open even though receipt printing works
Point of Success works with cash drawers that plug into receipt printers. Serial, parallel and USB cash drawers are not supported. If the cash drawer won’t open even though receipt printing works, follow these steps:
- Confirm that the cash drawer is designed specifically to work with your receipt printer (some cash drawers will only work with one printer type).
- Confirm that a Receipt Printer has been selected in Point of Success Order Entry. Manager>Workstation Setup>Printers.
- Enable the cash drawer in Point of Success Order Entry. Manager>Workstation Setup>Cash Drawers.
- Confirm that the correct control codes are entered for your printer. You can find the control codes listed below. Some POS printers have several codes that can be used to open a cash drawer. Try each of them.
- Pressing the No Sale button in the Order Entry program will only open the cash drawer if there is a till set up for the currently logged-in user and the user has security permission to use the No Sale button.
- Some cash drawer cables have a specific orientation, ie. splitter for two cash drawers.
- Test another cash drawer to be sure there is nothing wrong with the hardware.
Epson and Samsung control codes:
Cash drawer trigger: 27,112,0,48
Partial cut (option): 27,105
Epson alternate cash drawer trigger: 27,112,0,64,240 (generates longer pulse)
Star control codes:
Cash drawer trigger: 7
Partial cut (option): 27,100,48 or 27,100,49
Ithaca POSjet control codes:
Cash drawer trigger: 27,120,1
Auto-cut (option): 27,118