Do Not Leave Pending Credit Card Transactions Overnight
Pending credit card transactions that are not finalized by end-of-day will remain in Point of Success as a pending transaction indefinitely until you follow the process explained below. Note that it is not possible to add a tip to these transactions. It is extremely important that there are no pending transactions remaining before closing the business day. In the event a pending transaction was overlooked, follow the steps below to close the transaction with no tip added to the order:
- Navigate to Office Manager>Tools>Setup Credit Card and Gift Card Options
- On the General tab, uncheck “Use Card Server to Process Credit Cards…“
- Choose the OK button.
- Open Order Entry and Sign in
- Choose the View Tickets button. HINT: Use the Show button to locate the pending tickets.
- Select the pending ticket and choose the Pay button
- From the green Pay window choose the Remove Payment button.
- Now that the payment has been removed, the order can be found under the Open orders.
- Locate and select the order. Choose the Pay button.
- Apply the payment to close the order.
- Be sure to turn back on the integrated credit card processing by navigating to Office Manager>Tools>Setup Credit Card and Gift Card Options
- On the General tab, check “Use Card Server to Process Credit Cards…“
When using NETePay credit card processing software, all credit card transactions are batched regardless of their status.
Note: Vantiv Integrated will normally automatically batch all pending and closed transactions at 4:00 a.m. E.S.T. unless you’ve selected to turn off their Host/Initiated batching feature. Contact Vantiv Integrated if you’d rather batch manually and select the “Manually close the credit card batch…” checkbox under Office Manager>Tools>Setup Credit Card and Gift Card Options.