Employee Scheduler’s Performance Has Slowed Down
Follow the steps below to keep Point of Success Employee Scheduler running efficiently:
- Purge old employee schedules.
- Optimize the remaining data.
To purge old schedules, use the support utility:
- Navigate to Start>All Programs>Point of Success>Support Utility.
- Log in and choose Utilities.
- Choose Purge Data.
- Enter a Purge Date-the system will purge all data going backward from (and including) this date.
- Check the box named “Employee Schedules and Unavailabilities”.
- Click “OK”.
- Select a location to backup your data.
- Choose “OK” and “OK” for the next two dialogue boxes.
- The data has been purged.
Optimize the remaining data:
- Navigate to Start>All Programs>Point of Success>Database Administrator.
- Choose the “Data Maintenance” tab.
- Select the “POS DATA” set.
- Choose the “Optimize Data Now” button.
- Once completed a message will appear stating that the data was optimized.
For Windows 8 users, search for: Support Utility and Database Administrator in order to locate these programs.
Exclusive access is required to optimize the data. That means close all Point of Success modules in use including: workstations, Order Monitor, Caller ID, etc. Sometimes is easier to reboot the server computer and don’t allow any Point of Success components to start.
Versions older than 3.1 do not have the ability to purge old schedules. This feature was added to version 3.1.