This error indicates a failure of the client software (Order Entry, Office Manager, etc) to communicate with the Arsenal Database Server. Communication is made through specific ports that must be open-ports 22007 and 22008. This error can be caused by any of the following:
- a network fault (loose cable, bad network card, switch, invalid/improperly setup network, etc).
- a firewall blocking network communication.
- an invalid/old POSDS.INI file.
- an invalid/old POSDS.INI file located in the “virtual store”- applies to Windows Vista, 7 & 8 computers using the User Account Control (UAC).
- Arsenal Database Server is not running-check Windows Services.
- Third-party software (such as unapproved security and anti-virus software) blocking program and port activity.
Note: To access the Windows Virtual Store, hidden files must be made visible. Navigate to the Control Panel>Folder Options. Choose the VIEW tab and then select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
Next, navigate to the virtual store by following this path:
C:Users\(replace with current user name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Point of Success. There you should find the POSDS.INI file. Delete the POSDS.INI file. It may also be located at: C: \Program Files (x86)\ Point of Success. Be sure to check both locations.