How To Handle Large Catering Orders That Require A Partial Payment
Catering orders can be quite large. Normally a partial payment right away (when ordered) is desirable.
Here are a few problems that occur with catering orders:
- Normally when an order is partially paid, the till or bank holding the partial payment cannot be closed.
- For credit card payments, the payment cannot be left in a pending status overnight.
Here is the proper way to handle catering orders:
- Accept a partial payment (usually by credit card) and be sure to finalize the partial payment. (The order itself is still in a pending status but the partial payment is finalized)
- Pay the balance due using the ON ACCOUNT tender type or better yet, create a new tender button called “CATERING ON ACCOUNT” and use that tender type to close the order.
- When the day arrives to deliver the order and accept the final payment, pay the order using the PAY ON ACCOUNT button, located in Order Entry.