Ithaca iTherm 280 printer driver selection and setup
For Point of Success version 2.54 and above:
These are instructions for selecting and configuring the printer driver for trouble-free use of the standard receipt printer templates included in Point of Success.
Printer Driver Selection
These receipt templates were designed for and require the Ithaca version 2 driver Set.
Click to download the printer driver: http://www.posdl.com/nt_223.exe
Printer Driver Installation
- The Ithaca printer driver is provided in a self-extracting .zip file. Double-click this file to begin the installation process.
- Choose where you want the driver files to be extracted. Click the Browse button, then select Desktop from the list of folders and click OK.
- Click OK in the “Please specify a path…” window.
- Click OK in the “Extraction was successful” window.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes
- Click “Add a printer”
- Click “Next” in the Welcome window
- In the next window, select “Local printer attached to this computer, uncheck “Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer”, then click Next.
- Select the printer port to which the printer is connected, then click Next
- In the “Install Printer Software” window, click the “Have Disk” button
- Click the “Browse” button in the next window
- Drop down the “Look in” list and choose Desktop
- Click the OEMSETUP file to select it, then click the Open button
- Click OK in the “Install from Disk” window
- Click “Ithaca” in the Manufacturer list, click “Series 280” on the “Printers” list, then click Next.
- Finish installation of the printer driver.
Printing Template Selection
Receipt printing templates designed for this printer have the printer name “Ithaca iTherm 280” in the template name. For example, the customer receipt template designed for this printer is named “Customer Receipt (Ithaca iTherm 280).” Selection of printing templates is accomplished in the Point of Success Office Manager program in the Tools center. Click Select Printing Templates in the lower right corner of this window to assign the appropriate templates.