QuickBooks Export Utiliy Results in Error Message – Windows 8 and 10 Users
Windows 8 and Windows 10 users will be unable to create a QuickBooks Export file unless permission is granted for the current user to write to the Point of Success folder located at C:\Program Files (x86)
The solution is to follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management
- Expand Local Users and Groups to show the Users folder.
- Click on the Users folder to show all of the users.
- Enable the Administrator account – the administrator account is natively disabled by Windows. (Double click on the Administrator account to reveal the disabled check box.)
- Double click on the current user – a new window will open.
- Choose the “member of” tab.
- Make sure the current user is a member of the administrator group-remove all other groups for this user. Save changes.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Locate the Point of Success folder, right-click and choose Properties.
- Choose the Security tab.
- Select the current user and choose the EDIT button.
- From the new Window that opens, select the current user and edit the permissions to include “WRITE” permission or “FULL CONTROL”.
- Save changes and return to Local Users and Groups.
- Now you can safely disable the Administrator account once again.
- Test by trying to create an IIF file using the QuickBooks export utility.