Remote Login Error
An event such as a lightning strike or power outage can cause a very specific error message that leaves the database server (the engine that runs Point of Success) damaged. Note that the message will include a dialogue box titled “Remote Login”. Within the dialogue box will be a place to enter a login and password. There is no login and password available to resolve this issue. The user must reinstall the database server portion of Point of Success.
CAUTION: The steps listed below are very technical in nature and should not be performed by anyone not comfortable with the process. Please read and understand all of the steps before proceeding. Please contact a Point of Success Dealer or other competent technician (including our technical support team) in the event you do not understand all of the required steps.
How to Reinstall the Arsenal Database Server – required to operate Point of Success:
- Navigate to Windows Services – Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Services and Applications. Expand the category so you can select Services.
- Locate the Arsenal Database Server.
- Stop the Server.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86) and locate the ADBServer folder.
- Rename the ADBServer folder.
- Download the Point of Success installation program from our website. You will need to contact our support department to obtain the correct website address as we do not directly link to the download files page from our main website. NOTE: While it is permissible to upgrade to our current version, do not ever downgrade by installing an older version. Please note that if upgrading from a very old version to our latest version, an upgrade purchase may be required and further assistance may also be required. It’s best to know beforehand the version in use to avoid any delay or extra expenses. When possible, install the same version.
- Install Point of Success on the database server computer.
- Call to register the new installation – if prompted to register.
Note that a new ADBServer folder will be created as well as the files that run the Arsenal Database Server.
NOTE: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES INSTALL OUR DEMO VERSION WHEN YOU HAVE LIVE/EXISTING DATA. THE DEMO VERSION IS STRICTLY FOR EVALUATION BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE.