Samsung/Bixolon SRP-275 Drivers Including COM4USB and COM4Ethernet Installers Version3.2.2Ea
For Point of Success version 2.54 and above:
These are instructions for selecting and configuring the printer driver for trouble-free use of the standard receipt printer templates included in Point of Success.
Printer Driver Selection
These receipt templates were designed for and require the Samsung/Bixolon driver set.
- Click to download the printer driver for 32-bit operating systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/WEPOS/VISTA/2008 Server/Windows7 32bit
- Click to download the printer driver for 64-bit operating systems: Windows XP/2003 Server/VISTA/2008 Server/Windows7 64bit
- Click to download the virtual COM driver for USB printers: Virtual COM Driver For USB(Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 Server/Windows7 32bits
- Click to download the virtual COM driver for Ethernet printers: Virtual COM Driver For Ethernet(Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008 Server/Windows 7 32bits
Printer Driver Installation
- Download the Samsung/Bixolon printer driver from one of the links above.(Downloading to the desktop is recommended.)
- Right-click on the downloaded file and choose “Extract All”.
- The Extraction Wizard Welcome window will appear. Click NEXT.
- The Extraction Wizard Select a Destination window will appear. Click NEXT.
- The Extraction Wizard Extraction Complete window will appear. Click FINISH.
- Open the folder containing the extracted files and locate the .exe file. Click on the .exe file to open the Bixolon SRP-275 Installation window.
- The Bixolon SPR-275 Installation window will appear. Click NEXT.
- The Select Port Type window will appear. Choose the correct port type: serial, parallel or usb. Click NEXT. NOTE: Determine how the printer will connect to the computer-what type of port before making the selection.
Should you see a Software Installation window warning that the software has not passed the Windows Logo Testing, click CONTINUE ANYWAY.
- A dialog box will appear asking you to restart your computer. Choose either YES or NO.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
- Verify the printer installed correctly: Print a Windows test page.
- To print a Windows test page, locate the new Bixolon SRP-275 printer.
- Right-click the printer and choose PROPERTIES.
- The GENERAL tab should appear first.
- Click “PRINT TEST PAGE”. If the page prints, you are ready to configure Point of Success. If the page does not print, check your printer settings. Typically the wrong port or type of port was selected.
- The printer must be able to print a Windows test page before it can be used with Point of Success.
Printer Setting Change
Refer to the user manual for your printer before making any DIP switch setting changes.
Printing Template Selection
Receipt printing templates designed for this printer have the printer name “Samsung Bixolon 275” in the template name. For example, the customer receipt template designed for this printer is named “Customer Receipt (Samsung Bixolon 275).” Selection of printing templates is accomplished in the Point of Success Office Manager program in the Tools center. Click Select Printing Templates in the lower right corner of this window to assign the appropriate templates.