Star TSP800 label printer driver selection, installation and configuration
These are instructions for selecting and configuring the printer driver for trouble-free use of the standard label printer templates included in Point of Success.
Printer Driver Selection
These label templates were designed for and require the Star Raster printer driver. This printer driver may be downloaded with this link: http://www.posdl.com/rasterdrv_2k-xp_20041203.exe
Printer Driver Installation
- Launch the Star Raster Mode driver installation program
- Select Star TSP800 Raster Printer in the Model list.
- Select the port where the printer is connected
- Click the Automated Printer Install button
- Click No when asked to install the status monitor
- Click No when asked to make this printer the default printer
Printer Driver Configuration
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes, then right-click the printer and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- On the Device Settings tab, under Form to Tray Assignment > Friction, drop down the list and select 104mm * Receipt
- On the Raster Print Options tab, set Print Quality to High, Paper Type to Black Mark, and Cut Action End Page / End Doc to Form Feed / Full Cut Top Search
- Click OK to close the printer properties window and save the settings
Printing Template Selection
Label printing templates designed for this printer have the printer name “Star TSP800” in the template name. Selection of printing templates is accomplished in the Point of Success Office Manager program in the Tools center. Click Select Printing Templates in the lower right corner of this window to assign the appropriate templates.